Sunday, April 15, 2012

DIY: Yogurt Anti-Acne Face Mask!

I've been eating SO much yogurt lately, seriously I'm on my third large container this week... but whose counting? So while I was searching the web looking for a do-it yourself face mask, while eating my plain Chobani mixed with strawberry jam (YUMMMM), I realized sooo many of them contained yogurt. I had no idea that yogurt was just as good for your skin, as it is for your health.

I could get into why all these products are supposed to be good for your skin but honestly it's kind of boring and you can easily find the info off of google so here are the basics-

Plain Yogurt- refines pores, exfoliates and stimulates collagen production 
Aspirin- help rid your skin of acne! yayyyy!
Honey- very moisturizing & improves blood circulation

DIRECTIONS...



Mix 2 tablespoons of the yogurt, a teaspoon of honey and 4-6 uncoated Aspirin. 


Let the aspirin dissolve in the mix for a few minutes until you can
 easily chop the rest of it up with a spoon 
(mine sat for about 10 minutes.) 
Then, stir it all up til it's mixed together evenly. 
(the pink you see is strawberry jam... it looks pretty and made it smell a little better)


Your foundation brush will do a great job of spreading the mask on thinly and evenly, but if you can't bear the thought, just use your fingers. (Just make sure the wash your brush before AND after)


Yes.. it will definitely look and smell funky.



After about 10 minutes, your mask will begin to harden and you'll feel that tightness on your skin. If your skin is sensitive I don't suggest leaving this mask on for more than 15 minute, if you're skin can take it, you can leave it on for up to an hour.

When you're ready to take it off, dampen a small hand towel with hot water and lay it across your face and wipe off the mask. This will feel AMAZING on your skin and open up your pores. Use a gentle cleanser without any exfoliants since we just did a number on our skin with the aspirin. Make sure to finish up with you're favorite moisturizer. I love Philosophy's Purity cleanser and Hope in a Jar moisturizer. 

My skin feels sooo smooth and I know yours will too! Plussss you can always make yourself a little snack using the same stuff while you're waiting for the mask to get hard :) Thanks for reading and I'll talk to you guys soon!!

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is very natural. I like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to use this blogpost and create a cold process soap with it! to try send a note to puresweden@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a great job. I will definitely dig it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site. Queda de cabelo

    ReplyDelete