Friday, February 28, 2014

Hair Favorites

Here's part two of my favorite things! This time I'll share my current favorite hair products.

What- It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product is the one product I use every time I do my hair, no matter what style I'm going for. $12
Why- This creamy spray is a great base for a blow dry. It immediately detangles wet hair and it doesn't weigh it down. I love how soft my hair feels when it dries, plus it's a heat protectant.
How- I spray this throughout my hair when I'm fresh out of the shower. I concentrate the sprays about mid-way through my hair to the ends. I always make sure to apply it before combing through my hair as it protects the hair from damage when combing.

What- Batiste Dry Shampoo is one of the best things to ever happen to my hair.
Why- It does exactly what it's supposed to, removes oil in your hair between washes. I love this brand in particular because it never leaves that weird powder residue and it smells amazing.  (I like the scent shown here, paisley. But, the others are nice too!) Even if your hair doesn't get greasy, it's an awesome product to create more volume at your roots.
How- I spray this right at the root of my hair wherever I see it getting a little too oily. I let it sit for about 20 seconds and then brush through. This product enables me to go 5-6 days without washing my hair. 



What- Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious line. $20-30-ish
Why- This line is great for enhancing curls in a natural looking way. The Calming Creme is my favorite, it eliminates frizz while defining your curls but doesn't leave your hair crunchy or wet-looking like it often looks with other curl enhancing products. The smell alone would keep me buying these products, it's amazing! 
How- If I'm planning on wearing my hair curly, I first use the smoothing shampoo and conditioner in the shower. Then I scrunch my hair with a microfiber towel to remove the excess water. (More on microfiber towels later.) I apply about a quarter sized amount of the calming creme into my towel-dried hair. Next you can either blow dry with a diffuser or let it air dry. After it's dry I spray the revitalizing mist throughout my hair. The mist is also great to use throughout the day if your curls need a little pick me up.

What- My favorite hairspray of all time is definitely L'Oreal Elnett Satin. $12.99
Why- This hairspray has great staying power, but, like the packaging says it "disappears with the stroke of a brush." A lot of hairsprays leave a flakey residue if you try to brush them out but this one leaves your hair soft and shiny if you choose to change your style. 
How- Shake and spray! I often use this for taming fly aways, I spray it on a teasing brush and smooth down my hair. 

What- Using a microfiber towel could make a world of difference for your hair. Some are made specifically for hair, but the ones from the automotive section at Target do the same thing and cost half the price.
Why- If you have a frizzy hair issue, removing excess moisture from your hair with a microfiber towel instead of your regular bath towel could be your answer. It also shortens the time I spend blowdrying my hair, and therefore there is less heat damage done.
How- After I wash my hair I pat dry with the microfiber towel. For curly hair I scrunch up, keeping the natural curls in their place. Make sure you pat and not rub your hair!



2 comments:

  1. Every woman has different needs and this holds true in the case of hair extensions as well. Exactly how many human hair extensions are needed for a full head might differ from one female to another but talking averagely.
    http://www.hairextensionsale.eu/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very informative article and it really helps me because I had difficulties using hair extensions. Please Visit:

    Naturally Curly Hair Products
    Good Products For Curly Hair
    Black Hair Care Products
    Hair Care Products For Women

    ReplyDelete