Winter time can be hell on your skin, especially your lips. Between the drying electric heat and the bitter cold, my lips have been a mess. Lip scrubs can be expensive so I discovered a simple and effective mix using products you most likely already have in your kitchen.
(Don't hesitate to substitute any of these ingredients. For example, baby oil would work just as well as the olive oil. )
1. Mix 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of oil with 2 teaspoons of sugar.
2. Once the sugar is completely covered by the honey and oil, take a small amount of the product and apply it to your lips.
3. Once you've scrubbed off all the yucky dead skin, wipe off the excess product with a dry towel.
4. Taking a damp towel, moisten your lips with water and cover with a very thick layer vaseline. Leave on for about 5-10 minutes. (You can also use this technique at night for super soft lips in the morning)
5. When you're ready, remove the vaseline and finish up by applying you're favorite moisturizing lip balm. (mines by Rosebud Salve)
The rest of the scrub can be stored in the fridge and will be good for a few weeks! Your lips are going to be pretty sensitive for the next few hours so make sure to keep your lip balm with you all day long. If you're going out into the sun, make sure to use one with SPF!